The opportunity has arisen to work as a Customer Services Advisor in our Customer Services Unit at our Head Office in Hove. The closing date for applications is Friday 14th November 2014.
The positions are a mixture of full time and part time - for full information about the vacancies and how to apply please click here
- Bored of the same 4 walls?
- Tired of doing the same old thing?
Then have you considered becoming a Bus Driver?
Brighton & Hove Buses is one of the most recognised companies in our City and are at the heart of the community. Every journey, whether it is commuting to and from work, enjoying a shopping trip, attending an appointment or just meeting friends is equally as important. That’s why our Drivers are so valued - it is them who make it happen.
We are currently recruiting trainee drivers to join our team where you will receive full PAID bespoke training. Likewise we welcome existing PCV holders.
Driving a bus is not easy – it requires great driving skills, concentration and excellent customer service skills. However, it is not as physically demanding as you may think, vehicles these days have power assisted steering so they're easier to drive.
At Brighton & Hove Buses we offer:
- A well paid job – around £400 per week after training
- A five-day week
- Up to five weeks annual leave, after qualifying period
- Contributory Pension Scheme, after qualifying period
- Free Bus travel for both you, your partner and children up to the age of 19
- Smart uniform
- Full Training
- Very reasonable staff canteen
The People We Recruit
- People who are usually over 20 years of age
- Have a valid manual licence giving entitlement to drive in the UK, without disqualification, for a minimum of two years
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
- Have no more than 3 points on your licence (please be aware that points from some convictions such as drink driving (DR10,20 etc) will last for 11 years from conviction)
- Must be prepared to work shifts including most weekends and some Bank Holidays
- Good timekeepers - some duties start very early! (and some finish very late!)
- Present themselves in a smart manner
- Preferably have experience in a customer facing role
- Above all you must enjoy driving, working with people and be able to deal with members of the public in a polite and courteous manner
- Must live with in easily commutable distance of their depot. A 20 mile radius is the maximum, dependent on local transport links
- Due to manufacturers weight restrictions on the driver seats of some of our vehicles, we are unable to employ anyone who weighs over 120kgs (approximately 19 stones)
If you would like further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call our recruitment department on 01273 886139 (between 1000 and 1400 on Monday to Friday).
Brighton & Hove Buses is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please be aware that we adopt a strict zero drugs policy and as early as the interview stage we will undertake drug testing on our potential new drivers. If you are an illegal drug user or believe you have recently used illegal drugs, please do not apply as their detection will terminate your application.