Information for Blind & Partially Sighted Passengers
Accessible travel for all is essential
for the comfort and safety of our passengers.
We would like to thank all our passengers
who have contributed by providing feedback which helps us to
improve on the service we deliver.
We also work with some amazing
organisations like The RNIB, Guide Dogs for the Blind and
Possability People. Their expertise, advise and ongoing
contributions have helped improve staff training and our accessible
What can we do to help?
- Large print timetables and information sheets
- All buses are talking buses.
- All driver training staff trained as Level 3
- All drivers in training receive Level 1 My
- Free travel for handlers of Guide Dogs when
- Customer service accessibility trained teams -
- A full time accessibility officer - Victoria
- All Driver Training staff trained as Level 3
Hand cards - A simple, effective, discreet way to advise any
We are also proud to have signed up to the RNIB Bus
The Bus Charter promotes 13 objectives to
ensure Bus Companies are able provide Blind and Partially sighted
Watch the video
We will ensure for blind and partially sighted passengers:
- Automatically serve a stop if passengers are
waiting. No stop is a request stop.
- Advise which service they are and assist when
- Not pull away until the passenger is seated
and advise on available seats.
- Priority seating will continue to be clearly
marked and drivers will ensure that they assist passengers that may
- Talking bus announcements will be kept updated
and in full working order. In the exceptional circumstance that a
talking bus isn't functioning, the driver will advise on request
when at the passenger's destination.
- At Metrobus we will continue to expand on our
talking bus fleet. We are already 100% talking buses at Brighton
- All feedback, as with all passengers, is taken
forward, investigated and used to continue improving our
- We will continue to work with the RNIB and
other organisations to ensure that our information is accessible as
possible and our training is updated accordingly.
For any further information please call
our customer services team on 01273 886200.
Phone lines are open:
Mondays - Fridays ~ 7am - 7pm
Saturdays ~ 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays ~ 9:30am - 4:30pm
Alternatively contact our Accessibility Officer at