Senior Citizen and Disabled Bus Passes
available from Local Councils
National Concessionary Pass holders are entitled to free travel
on any Brighton & Hove bus. However, there are certain time
restrictions depending on which council your pass is issued
If you are a Brighton and Hove
- You cannot travel free in the city area between 4am and 9am
Mondays to Fridays.
- If you start your journey outside of the city (eg. Lewes) you
cannot travel free until 9:30am, or after 11pm on Mondays to
If you are a resident of Kent, East Sussex or
West Sussex Districts
- You cannot travel free between 11pm and 9:30am Mondays to
Fridays (except West Sussex Disabled pass holders who can board in
West Sussex at any time).
- Any visitor to Brighton cannot travel free in
the city area between 11pm and 9:30am Mondays to
- There are no time restrictions for any passes
at weekends and on Bank Holidays (valid from 12:01am until
- On our Night buses concessionary passes are
only valid in accordance with the normal time restrictions stated
Christmas & New Year Holidays
On days when bus services are operating Saturday services on a
normal Monday to Friday the standard conditions apply, i.e. if it
is a Monday you can only travel after 9am/9.30am not all day as if
it was a Saturday.
To check whether you are eligible for concessionary travel,
please click here.
For more information on any of our services or fares please
call our customer services team on 01273 886200.
Phone lines are open:
Mondays - Fridays ~ 7am - 7pm
Saturdays ~ 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays ~ 9:30am - 4:30pm