Senior Citizen and Disabled Bus Passes
available from Local Councils
National Concessionary Pass holders are entitled to free travel
on any Brighton & Hove bus. However, there are certain time
restrictions depending on which council your pass is issued
If you are a Brighton and Hove
- You cannot travel free in the city area between 4am and 9am
Mondays to Fridays.
- If you start your journey outside of the city (eg. Lewes) you
cannot travel free until 9:30am, or after 11pm on Mondays to
If you are a resident of Kent, East Sussex or
West Sussex Districts
- You cannot travel free between 11pm and 9:30am Mondays to
Fridays (except West Sussex Disabled pass holders who can board in
West Sussex at any time).
- Any visitor to Brighton cannot travel free in
the city area between 11pm and 9:30am Mondays to
- There are no time restrictions for any passes
at weekends and on Bank Holidays (valid from 12:01am until
- On our Night buses concessionary passes are
only valid in accordance with the normal time restrictions stated
Christmas & New Year Holidays
On days when bus services are operating Saturday services on a
normal Monday to Friday the standard conditions apply, i.e. if it
is a Monday you can only travel after 9am/9.30am not all day as if
it was a Saturday.
For more information on any of our services or fares please
call our customer services team on 01273 886200.
Phone lines are open:
Mondays - Fridays ~ 7am - 7pm
Saturdays ~ 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays ~ 9:30am - 4:30pm