Buses to follow current timetables during lockdown
8 months ago
We have moved to reassure customers that there will be no changes to bus services when the second national lockdown begins on Thursday 5 November.
Buses will follow the current timetables to take people to work, school or wherever they need to get to during this time. Our travel shops at 1 Stop Travel, Brighton and reception at Conway Street, Hove will remain open.
Our Managing Director Martin Harris said the company’s priority was to keep connecting communities safely and to get key workers to and from work and children to school.
“I’d like to reassure people that we are doing everything we can to make our services as safe as possible, with extra bus cleaning and hand sanitiser, limits on bus capacity and seats blocked off to enable to social distancing,” said Martin.
“Customers can also play their part to protect fellow passengers, our drivers and themselves. When you get on the bus, please wear a face covering – unless you are exempt - and keep it on, covering your nose and mouth for your entire journey. Please also be understanding towards those people who cannot wear a face covering.
“Social distancing is still very important and that’s why we have blocked off some seats. Sit upstairs, if you can, to help with social distancing on the bus.
“I know the weather is getting chillier but please keep the windows open to aid ventilation and wrap up warm. There is hand sanitiser on all our buses so please use it.”
Guidelines for safer travel
• Wash your hands before and after travelling
• Board the bus one at a time
• Use the hand sanitisers provided on each bus as you board
• You must wear a face covering if you are aged over 11. Please wear them for your whole journey, making sure they cover your nose and mouth
• Some people may be exempt from wearing a face covering; full details can be found here
• Social distance at all times
• Buses now have lower capacity levels and these are clearly displayed on the side
• Pay for travel by using the app, key card or contactless. We still accept cash but we do not offer change
• Keep windows open to help keep fresh air flowing through the bus
• Only sit next to someone from your household or bubble
• Do not queue in the aisle or next to the driver
• Ring the bell and remain seated until you reach your bus stop
• If you need help please ask the driver as normal
• Above all, please be kind to each other
For full details and the latest travel guidance, please visit our Coronavirus Updates page.