Safer travel on our buses
Latest COVID-19 safety and travel advice
National lockdown - latest update on services
We are continuing to provide services at current levels until further notice and we are now operating school services, following further consultation with the city council.
Revised timetables are now in operation. We want to minimise the impact these changes will have to your journey and whilst we are keen to maintain a frequent service, in the region of 80% of pre-Covid levels. You can view the latest changes here.
Thank you for wearing a face covering on board our buses for your entire journey – you are helping to protect yourself and others and following the government’s legal requirement for travel on public transport. Around 90% of our passengers who must wear a face covering by law are wearing one but we want to get as close to 100% as possible. If you are exempt, it would really help our drivers if you showed your exemption card or lanyard when you board. If you don’t have one you can apply here or call Customer Services on 01273 886200.
If you don’t wear a face covering and you are not exempt, you may be refused travel on our buses and you could be fined.
Please use the hand sanitiser provided; keep windows open and maintain social distancing. Respect the decision of our drivers if they advise that the bus has reached its reduced capacity limit.
For any season ticket enquiries please contact our customer services team who will be happy to help. Our travel shops at 1 Stop Travel, Brighton and reception at Conway Street remain open.
In partnership with local councils, we are accepting concessionary passes for travel 24 hours a day, until further notice, to help those travelling to vaccination centres in the early morning.
To view our current service levels, please go to our services page where you can select your route and view its current timetable.
If you’re new to buses or just want a refresher of the latest advice we've put together this handy guide for travelling with us.
This guidance and advice is there to keep us all safe. Please be kind and patient throughout these times:
- Government advice is to not travel by bus if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms. See government guidelines here.
- Wash your hands before and after travelling with us. We have fitted hand sanitisers to each bus for you to use when boarding.
- The buses have lower capacity levels and these are clearly displayed on the side of them.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times. There are usually more seats available upstairs, if you can, please sit upstairs to help leave more seats free for those who cannot.
- Currently our busiest times are commuter times, afternoons are quieter. You can also check how busy your bus is using our live journey planning tool.
- If you don’t use the app or key card we accept contactless payment on board our buses. We still accept cash but we don’t offer change. More details can be found here.
- You must wear a face covering if you are aged 11 and over. They need to be worn at all times and make sure they cover both your nose and mouth. Some people may be exempt from wearing a face covering, full details can be found here.
- Board the bus one at a time.
- Only sit next to someone from your household or bubble.
- The rear facing seats and seats within 2m of the driver will remain closed and there is no standing on any buses except bendy buses.
- Please avoid queuing in the aisle or next to the driver.
- Help keep fresh air flowing through the bus by keeping windows open. Remember to wrap up warm as the weather gets colder.
- When you want to get off the bus ring the bell and remain seated until the bus stops.
During the current period of capacity restrictions, the boarding of buggies, pushchairs or wheelchairs will be reduced to a mix of TWO, for example 1 wheelchair + 1 pushchair OR 2 pushchairs. These limits relate to open - not folded - pushchairs. This will maintain the current social distancing guidelines.
Our buses are put through a rigorous cleaning regime every night. We use hospital grade cleaning products. Our cleaning team is also out every day, jumping onto our buses to give them an additional wipe down using the same high standard cleaning product - this occurs regularly throughout the day. For more information on what else we’ve been doing to keep you and our colleagues safe please click here.
If you need assistance please ask the driver as normal.
The government guidance can be found here.
If you can, download the NHS COVID-19 app before travelling.
We look forward to seeing you on board our buses.
We have Covid-19 safe certified working environments - more details here.