Connecting our community safely
5 days ago
Latest update on services
Safer travel for everyone
If you’re new to buses or just want a refresher of the latest advice we've put together this handy guide for travelling with us see below.
- Government advice is to not travel by bus if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash your hands before and after travelling with us. We have fitted hand sanitisers to each bus for you to use when boarding.
- The buses have lower capacity levels to help maintain social distancing. There are usually more seats available upstairs, if you can, please sit upstairs to help leave more seats free for those who cannot.
- You can check how busy your bus is using our live journey planning tool.
- If you don’t use the app or key card we accept contactless payment on board our buses. We still accept cash but we don’t offer change. More details can be found here.
- You must wear a face covering if you are aged 11 and over. They need to be worn at all times and make sure they cover both your nose and mouth. Some people may be exempt from wearing a face covering, full details can be found here.
- Board the bus one at a time.
- Only sit next to someone from your household or bubble.
- The rear facing seats and seats within 2m of the driver will remain closed and there is no standing on any buses except bendy buses.
- Help keep fresh air flowing through the bus by keeping windows open.
- Please avoid queuing in the aisle or next to the driver. When you want to get off the bus ring the bell and remain seated until the bus stops.
- During the current period of capacity restrictions, the boarding of buggies, pushchairs or wheelchairs will be reduced to a mix of two, for example 1 wheelchair + 1 pushchair or 2 pushchairs. These limits relate to open - not folded - pushchairs. This will maintain the current social distancing guidelines.
More on face coverings
Thank you for wearing a face covering on board our buses for your entire journey – you are helping to protect yourself and others and following the government’s legal requirement for travel on public transport. You must wear a face covering by law, unless exempt. If you are exempt, it would really help our drivers if you showed your exemption card, concessionary card or sunflower lanyard when you board, although we respect your right not to show one. If you don’t have an exemption card you can apply here or call Customer Services on 01273 886200.
If you don’t wear a face covering and you are not exempt, you may be refused travel on our buses and you could be fined.
Cleaning on our buses
Our buses are put through a rigorous cleaning regime every night. We use hospital grade cleaning products. Our cleaning team is also out every day, jumping onto our buses to give them an additional wipe down using the same high standard cleaning product.
We are here to help
For any questions you may have about travelling on our buses or ticket enquiries please contact our customer services team who will be happy to help. Our travel shops at 1 Stop Travel, Brighton and reception at Conway Street remain open.
If you need assistance while travelling please ask the driver as normal.
We have Covid-19 safe certified working environments - more details here.
The government guidance can be found here.
If you can, download the NHS COVID-19 app before travelling.