Connecting our community safely
1 month ago
Safer travel for everyone
As of Tuesday 30 November 2021 passengers must wear a face covering when travelling by bus. Please be aware that some passengers are exempt from wearing a face covering and not all disabilities are visible.
We will continue to maintain measures such as thoroughly cleaning our buses and provide extra touch point cleaning during the day. There is hand sanitiser on board our buses and the air filters have an anti-virus coating and remove 99.99%* of viruses and bacteria, as air flows into both decks and the driver’s cab. Air is already regularly refreshed on buses with doors opening at stops and windows will be kept open as an extra safety precaution so please do wrap up well.
Here's a summary of the safety measures in place:
- Passengers must wear face coverings, unless exempt.
- High standards of daily cleaning of buses in our depots will continue along with additional touch point cleaning throughout the day.
- Air filters that remove 99.9% of virus and bacteria from on-board air intake systems.
- Many windows will be kept open to refresh the air.
- Hand sanitiser is available on all buses.
- Our app and website provide a facilitiy to check how quiet your bus is. This information can be found when using the Live Departures feature located to the right of the screen on most pages.
- No change is given on the bus, change vouchers will be provided instead.
We will continue to follow government guidelines at all times to ensure that your safety and that of our colleagues remains a priority.
Thank you for helping to keep everyone safe.
*Additive Tested against ISO18184 ISO20743 & SARS-COV-2.