Older Person's and Disabled Person's Bus Passes available from Local Councils
National Concessionary Pass holders are entitled to free travel on any Brighton & Hove bus.
However, there are certain time restrictions depending on which council your pass is issued by:-
If you are a Brighton and Hove resident
- You cannot travel free in the city area between 04.00 - 09.00 Mondays to Fridays.
- If you start your journey outside of the city (eg. Lewes) you cannot travel free until 09.30, or after 23.00 on Mondays to Fridays.
If you are a resident of Kent, East Sussex or West Sussex Districts
- You cannot travel free between 23.00 - 09.30 Mondays to Fridays (except West Sussex Disabled pass holders who can board in West Sussex at any time).
- Any visitor to Brighton cannot travel free in the city area between 23.00 - 09.30 Mondays to Fridays.
- There are no time restrictions for any passes at weekends and on Bank Holidays (valid from 00.01 until midnight).
- On our Night buses concessionary passes are only valid in accordance with the normal time restrictions stated above.
Christmas & New Year Holidays
On days when bus services are operating Saturday services on a normal Monday to Friday the standard conditions apply, i.e. if it is a Monday you can only travel after 09.00/09.30 not all day as if it was a Saturday.