Older Person's and Disabled Person's Bus Passes available from Local Councils
Update: Due to current situations we are now accepting Older Person's and Disabled Person's concessionary passes for travel 24 hours a day, until further notice. This is to support our passengers who may need to get to the shops early to buy essential supplies.
National Concessionary Pass holders are entitled to free travel on any Brighton & Hove bus.
However, there are certain time restrictions depending on which council your pass is issued by:-
If you are a Brighton and Hove resident
- You cannot travel free in the city area between 04.00 - 09.00 Mondays to Fridays.
- If you start your journey outside of the city (eg. Lewes) you cannot travel free until 09.30, or after 23.00 on Mondays to Fridays.
- From 1 April disabled passholders will be able to board a bus in Brighton & Hove at any time.
If you are a resident of Kent, East Sussex or West Sussex Districts
- You cannot travel free between 23.00 - 09.30 Mondays to Fridays (except West Sussex Disabled pass holders who can board in West Sussex at any time).
- Any visitor to Brighton cannot travel free in the city area between 23.00 - 09.30 Mondays to Fridays.
- There are no time restrictions for any passes at weekends and on Bank Holidays (valid from 00.01 until midnight).
- On our Night buses concessionary passes are only valid in accordance with the normal time restrictions stated above.
Christmas & New Year Holidays
On days when bus services are operating Saturday services on a normal Monday to Friday the standard conditions apply, i.e. if it is a Monday you can only travel after 09.00/09.30 not all day as if it was a Saturday.