Santa Claus Needs You! - are you a business, pub, shop or local organisation?
The Santa Bus is back for 2021.
Santa Claus has some very important messages to share with everyone.
- Santa is asking local businesses, Pubs, Shops, Organisations and Community Centres to be Santa Bus Collection Points: this is to provide collection points along all the routes to help raise money for the 12 Santa Bus charities for those wishing to make a donation.
If you would like to sign up to be a Santa Bus Collection Point Click here
- There will be no more bucket collections onboard the Santa Bus this year which is why its vital to have local business and organisations signed up. to ensure this Christmas I am back on board my fabulously festive Santa Bus, my elves have joined together with all my little helpers at the bus company. They have mastered a plan and made changes so we can all come together again and celebrate the season in a fun, festive but also every importantly a safer way. ]
- If you would like to donate online you can do so here
Santa says: Well hello there! Ho Ho Ho!
The countdown to Christmas has finally begun, albeit a little earlier this year so I can share how the Santa Bus is changing. Our media partner, The Argus, will also be sharing lots of information about the Santa Bus on the build up to Christmas.
Due to covid, last Christmas my Santa Bus stayed parked up outside my workshop, although on Christmas Eve I did still get to fly on my sleigh across the whole world to deliver everyone their Christmas wishes.
My elves and I are so excited that we will soon be sharing a warm jolly welcome to you all.
Elf and Safety is vitally important, especially as so many people of all ages, come to see my Santa Bus and we need to ensue that this is safer for all ages.
So I need all your help to ensure my trusty steed, the Santa Bus, can still go out this year as I am so looking forward to seeing you all again.
I have been asked by some of my little helpers at the bus company to answer some frequently asked questions which are all listed below. Let my little helpers at the bus company know if you have any further questions.
Ho Ho Ho
Frequently asked questions for Santa Claus:
We asked Santa Claus if he could take some time out from the North Pole to answer some vital questions on this years Santa Bus. He provided us with the following answers.
Santa, who are the charities this year?
Its always so hard for my elves and I to choose as there are so many amazing charities doing so much to help so many people. So its been a really difficult decision to make. This year the 12 charities are:
Albion in the Community, BHT Sussex for homelessness, Brighton Sussex University Hospitals Charity, Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice, East Sussex Credit Union Foundation, Impact Initiatives, Martlets Hospice, Motor Neurone Disease Association, Racial Harassment Forum, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, Switchboard and Together Co
Click here to learn more about who they are what they do as well as links to all their websites.
Santa, what are the main changes this year?
Well the main changes this year are on the night when the Santa Bus passes you by:
- there won't be any bucket collecting in the street.
- there won't be any bucket collecting by knocking on doors
The marvelous news is that there will be the opportunity to donate online and also at one of my Santa Bus Collection points.
Also many things will stay the same
So much will stay the same. The festive fun, music and of course Santa Claus!
- My elves and I will still be onboard and waving to everyone as we travel across the city over the 19 nights.
- My marvellously festive Santa Bus will still be lit up with hundreds of white twinkling lights
- Festive music will still be playing
- A very small group of volunteers will still walk with the bus - but they won't be bucket collecting.
Santa, I would still like to donate to the 12 Santa Bus charities. How can I donate?
There will be two ways to donate
- Donate online here at my GoFundMe Page
- Donate at one of the local business Collection Points. more details below or Click here if you would like to sign up as a Santa Bus Collection Point. We need as many organisations to sign up as possible.
I want to be a Santa Bus Collection Point. What do I need to do?
A huge festive thank you for considering to be a Santa Bus collection point. I needs as many Santa Bus Collection Points across the city to make this work.
Any shops or businesses who sign up to be a collection point will receive a special Santa Pack which includes:
- Santa Bus collection bucket or collection pot
- 'Donate here' Santa Bus collection point posters
- Supporting the Santa Bus charities posters
What routes are you going on this year Santa?
This year my elves and I will visit in the following areas. We will publish all the maps in 3 weeks time.
Friday 26 November - Goldstone/Downs Park
Monday 29 November - Saltdean
Tuesday 30 November - Stanford
Wednesday 1 December - Hollingdean
Thursday 2 December - Bevendean
Friday 3 December - Southwick
Saturday 4 December - Wish/Portland/Boundary
Monday 6 December - Hangleton
Tuesday 7 December - East Saltdean
Wednesday 8 December - Patcham
Thursday 9 December - West Blatch/ Knoll
Friday 10 December - Woodingdean A
Monday 13 December - Woodingdean B
Tuesday 14 December - Queen's Park/ Freshfield/ Whitehawk
Wednesday 15 December - Hollingbury
Thursday 16 December - Peacehaven
Friday 17 December - Coldean/ Meadowview/ Hartington Road
Saturday 18 December - Mile Oak
Tuesday 21 December - Moulsecoomb