Bus drivers mark LGBTQ+ Pride this weekend
1 month ago
Some of our bus drivers and other colleagues will be dressed in rainbow colours this weekend to celebrate LGBTQ+ equality and inclusion.
It is usually Brighton & Hove Pride from Friday 6 August to Sunday 8 August - one of the city’s largest annual events - but this year’s main Pride events have been cancelled due to the continuing complexities and uncertainties involved in running such large multiple events across the city safely during Covid. These cancellations include the community parade, Pride Village Party and the Pride Festival.
Despite official Pride events being cancelled and high rates of Covid in Brighton & Hove, we are still expecting the city to be busy.
- You may have to queue, or not be able to board the bus you want.
- Plan your journey in advance & allow extra time. Check our website or download the free B&H Buses app for live departure times & journey planner.
- Passengers are expected to wear face coverings, unless exempt.
- We will continue to ask passengers to act responsibly & distance from other passengers, where they can.
- You can pay using contactless; Tap On, Tap Off; the B&H Buses app; on The Key or with cash. Find out more here.
- No change is given on the bus, change vouchers will be provided instead.
- You can check how busy your bus is before you travel.
- Welcome back on board. All seating and standing restrictions have now been lifted by government and we are back to pre-Covid capacity.
You can find out more on Brighton & Hove City Council’s website: https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/news/2021/flying-flag-citys-traditional-pride-week