Churchill Square (stop J), NW-bound service updates
Showing only service updates for Churchill Square (stop J), NW-bound.
These may affect your journey
Simply follow these six simple steps and you’re good to go!
1. Go to ‘settings’ and click on ‘sign in’ to create a new account.
2. If you previously had an account on the old app create your new account using the same email address as you had on the previous app.
3. Once logged in, go to the mobile tickets section on the app. This will trigger a verification email.
4. You should then receive an email containing a link to verify your account - click on the link.
5. Once you have clicked on the link to verify your account, any existing tickets will automatically transfer across from the previous app to your new account. If your tickets do not appear straight away try clicking elsewhere on the app and then return to the mobile tickets section or try logging in and out.
6. You can view your tickets in the 'mobile tickets' section of the app.
Please note, tickets on the new app are categorised by area, rather than type. Please click on the area of travel and then select by ticket type. For example, adult, student or child.
Thank you for downloading our new app. If you need any further assistance please contact customer services by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01273 886200.
From Thursday 21 until Wednesday 27 October, between 09:00 and 16:00 each day, there are roadworks and temporary traffic lights in place on A26 Uckfield Bypass (near Five Ash Down). We may experience delays to services.
From 09:30 on Monday 18 October until 15:30 on Friday 29 October, there are rolling roadworks on Mile Oak Road, between Edgehill Way and Graham Avenue.
The roadworks will start from the southern end (by Edgehill Way) and move northwards.
Bus stops Edgehill Way, The Rise, Hole in the Wall, Mile Oak Road Shops and Chrisdory Road may be suspended one at a time as the roadworks move along the road, but the contractors will make room for temporary stops for each one. The first stop will open before the next one is suspended.
These disruptions could affect future journeys
- Affected routes:
On Friday 29 October, between 18:30 and 20:00, the Isfield & Little Horsted Bonfire event takes place. This shouldn’t affect services directly, but we may experience some disruption due to parking nearby.
From 16:45 on Friday 05 November until 02:00 the following morning, Lewes High Street and Malling Down in Lewes is closed due to the annual Lewes Bonfire event. During this time, services 28, 29 and 29X will divert as follows.
TOWARDS RINGMER / UCKFIELD / CROWBOROUGH / TUNBRIDGE WELLS
- after serving the Kingston Ridge bus stop, buses will operate non-stop via the A27 and Cuilfail Tunnel. They will then turn right on to A26 Malling Street, resuming normal route from the Malling Street bus stop.
- after serving the Malling Street bus stop, buses will turn left and operate non-stop via the Cuilfail Tunnel and A27, resuming normal route from the Kingston Ridge bus stop.
Unable to serve:
- Hope-in-the-Valley (both directions)
- Houndean Rise (both directions)
- Southdown Avenue (both directions)
- Lewes Prison (both directions)
- Black Horse (both directions)
- Pelham Arms (both directions)
- Lewes High Street (both directions)
- Lewes Waitrose / Lewes Bus Station
- School Hill Top
- Phoenix Causeway (both directions)
- Tescos Lewes (both directions)
- Sackville House (both directions)
- Sussex Police Headquarters (both directions)
- Barn Road (both directions)
There will be no temporary bus stops near the tunnel. Only buses will be allowed on the A26 between Southerham Roundabout and Earwig Corner, and may have to wait to be allowed through the road closure. Supervisors will be located in Lewes.
There will be extra 28 services operating from Old Steine (stop F) in Brighton to Harwoods Land Rover in Lewes via the A27 and Cuilfail Tunnel:
- every 10 minutes (between 16:25 and 17:05)
- every 5 minutes (between 17:05 and 17:40)
- every 10 minutes (between 17:40 and 20:30)
- there is also a 23:52 scheduled departure from Church Lane in Lewes to Uckfield Bus Station
And there will be extra 28 services operating from Harwoods Land Rover in Lewes to Old Steine (stop H) in Brighton via the Cuilfail Tunnel and A27:
- every 10 minutes (between 19:55 and 21:25)
- every 5 minutes (between 21:25 and 00:00)
- every 10 minutes (between 00:00 and 02:00)
Passengers are advised to plan journeys with plenty of time and not to leave it until the very last scheduled bus to get home. We may experience delays to services.